Monday, November 1, 2010

This Time I Mean It, We Are Next! Really!

Well, we weren't quite next in this last referral group. They made it until May 23rd, and we are LID May, 24, 2005 which means we are absolutely, positively,  next. I was disappointed at first, but as I have gotten used to during  this wait, I have to put it in perspective for my sanity. More time to work on her nursery and we will be able to spend Christmas with Connor and our family.  It is just difficult to know that our daughter has been born and is either in an orphanage or in foster care. I pray she is being protected and loved until we are able to bring her home. We may never know the circumstances of her birth, never know the story of why her birth parents were unable to raise her, but I am humbled by their decision.  In every adoption there is a loss, and in our daughter's short life, she already has lost her birth parents and will lose  her birth culture . I pray that we will be able to show her how much we wanted her to be part of our family and give her a life of love and happiness she may had never known. We will always know we are the lucky ones to be able to bring her home to our family.

Did I mention we were next?

1 comment:

  1. Tricia,
    What a journey,this brought tears to my eyes. Has to be the hardest thing in the world for that mom. You are going to be great and "LiL Jo" is in my prayers everyday. My sincere pray is that you will have the best Christmas Gift of all. You, Connor and Pete deserve it. Joanne

    ReplyDelete