Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ladybug Conundrum

I have mentioned in a few posts that the symbol for China adoption are ladybugs. Cute little ladybugs with those cute tiny spots that you count to see how old they are. So what do you do when one of those cute buggers overstays their welcome??

 I was putting Charlotte in for a much needed nap and when I put her down in her crib, she looked up and pointed , BUG!!! BUG!!!! NO BUGGIE!!!!!







I am usually getting a spider or maybe an ant, but after explaining to Charlotte that "No, it's a cutie ladybug", she was not having it. She was not about to take a nap until that BIG bug was out of her room. Ok, no problem, I went to get the stool, (and the camera, you know me!) and attempted to get the bug. Of course our cute bug starts flying around the room, I'm swiping with a tissue (gently, cognisant that it is a ladybug) and now it's flying over the crib and Charlotte is screaming. This goes on for about 3 long minutes until it lands on the side of her crib. Warrior Mom then swoops in with the tissue and not so gently scoops up the bug.
 Now my senses kick in, get this ladybug outside and see if I just killed the most popular symbol.  I place it outside on our deck and it is not squished (thank you!) but not moving either. Out of habit, I count the dots, maybe it lived a long life anyway. 10 dots. Still not moving. I am going to get kicked out of the FCC! As I check on Charlotte who has finally settled, I come back down, and it is still there, not moving, not fluttering. Now I am afraid that Connor will come home and charge out the deck door and step on our distressed friend and really squish it. So I try to move him/her over with my finger. Still not moving. Wow, this is getting stressful, so I go downstairs and put some toys away. Give myself time to think.  Ten minutes pass by, I check on the bug and for the love of ladybugs, it is gone.
 I like to think our bug was joyously playing with me and flew away and not the alternative, bird food?? I think we will take a break from ladybugs for awhile.



Hello little buggie, now fly away.....hey , its still intact!!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment