Sunday, February 20, 2011

Smile Baby!!!

I have been waiting for this picture for a long time.  As adorable as Charlotte's referral pictures were, she was not smiling in any of them. As we ease into a family, we had lots of smiles today as we all get to know each other. Today was also an early day at the Civil Affairs office where we had an interview and promised to always take care of and love our baby. After more paperwork, we became Charlotte's official and legal parents. Yay!! But, we still have lots ahead to do in order to bring her home to the USA.

So far we know Charlotte is a huge mush. A cuddler, and loves to be held. Is entering into the toddler stage where a cup falling off a table is funny, even after the 49th time. She has the cutest laugh and likes to shake her head no. She is a grazer and loves corn flakes. The perfect kid for our family, a cereal eater!!  She does not like being changed big time but loves the infamous stacking cups.

We have already given her drops for a small bout of pink eye. She is very petite, 12 mths are fitting but a little big. This afternoon she really started to show herself, doing the baby babble and of course every baby I know loves this  pastime, playing with Peter's hair.

Dinner tonight with our group ,who have all been wonderful, we lucked out. Tomorrow after stopping at the notary, we off to Walmart. Everyone loves a good bargain!!





13 comments:

  1. She sounds just delightful. Glad that both her spirit and her humor are intact.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte is so cute. What a smile she has. Enjoy your time with her. F.Y.I. When you go to Walmart bring a bag for your purchase, they don't give them to you usually you have to pay for a plastic bag.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv that smile~ Could she be any cuter? Glad to hear things are going well for you~ Maybe there is hope for me! LOL
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura and I are staring at the pictures-what a cutie. All the babies are soooo cute...but of course Charlotte is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! Charlotte is a cutie!
    Say 'hi' to Lisa and Don R. for me (I know them).
    Hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Barbara is right. Bring a bag with you. I didn't know this and all I can say is shopping became pretty interesting because we had to carry out the stuff we bought (just like Costco!). Charlotte is very cute. I knew those diaper pins would come in handy! I wonder if she's small like Jessie was?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricia and Pete, I am soooo happy for you. Goosebumps all over. I know the feeling of getting that baby but you guys were so courageous and patient (most of the time) in your wait for her. I'm sure she knows already how much she is loved. Have a safe trip home! I look forward to meeting Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tricia & Pete,

    Congratulations!!!! Charlotte is the cutest baby and what a smile she has. I am so very happy for all of you. Enjoy the rest of the trip. Congratulations to big brother Connor too. Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Tricia,Pete and Connor!! SO happy to see beautiful photos of Charlotte on Gotcha Day and beyond! Praying that the smiles continue. Enjoy your time in Nanchang. <>

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful smile! She is a "charmer"! Enjoy Nanchang. Have fun at Walmart, it is definitely a shopping experience unlike no other :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that cutie smile. I can't wait to see her laugh and have fun. I bet she can't wait to see her brother, too

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful little girl you have...Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely! read every post. if your guide is evelyn...tell her hello from feng xiu ning's or baby gillian and her mama nicole. enjoy and have some noodles and garlic broccoli for me!

    ReplyDelete