Thursday, February 2, 2012

And The Oscar Goes To....

No, that tie in is not a very dramatic tantrum by our Charlotte. Now, that I think of it, she could win . I have just been catching up on some movies the past couple of days. I saw The Help with a bunch of Mom's at a friends house. Now I can't stop saying to Charlotte what Aibileen says to the little girl in the movie. You is smart, you is kind, you is important. Charlotte just smiles.

Next I watched Snow Flower And The Secret Fan. This was one of my all time favorite books so I couldn't wait to see this movie. I had read some of the reviews and knew that the story had veered from the book. I didn't realize by how much!! So disappointed. Not sure why they added a side modern story of two more female characters. It was still interesting, and anything having to do with China history I will watch. But I just wanted the movie to follow the book, it was such a great story. Since the men of the house were in Vermont skiing, Charlotte sat on my lap during the movie. She doesn't usually have the patience to sit that long, but she did off and on. I loved that we sort of watched our first movie together.

Next I saw Moneyball. I loved this movie. I didn't think I would , not a huge baseball fan, and so not a math fan, but I do like me some Brad Pitt. The story hooks you from the beginning and I was never once bored. Loved it.

So those are my movie picks. I wish I could see The Descendants and The Artist before the Oscars, but I think I will be waiting for the DVD's. I have a little girl who keeps me from the TV, or should I say, she wants DJ Lance to win for Best Actor. Best Actress would be Foofa.  Best Supporting, tie of course, Muno and Brobee. If you know what I am talking about, you feel my pain!!


Next year Academy nominees per Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment