Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Almost Ready









Trying to enjoy the season in middle of shopping, cleaning, wrapping, potty training, homework, cooking, elf on the shelf positioning, etc. is just about impossible.  I go to a Mother's Club with my church once a week. I say it is so Charlotte can enjoy the kid room, but the Mom's get to vent, have coffee, and learn from each other. This was the first time where I went to the club and felt the stress level of all us at an all time high. Between the storm, the news, and the holidays, I think nerves are just frazzled. It was the first time we actually did says prayers and I guess you could say meditate on slowing down, not trying to do it all. I have no problem with that. Where are those elves anyway! I want to make my kids Xmas happy and memorable, but the expectations are so high. I can blame it on TV, but I think it is more in my head, what I want for them. When I think of Xmas when I was small, I don't remember the gifts, I remember the moments. So I will strive for smaller moments to savor, and eating more cookies. Both kids believe in the magic right now, that is a blessing I will take and be thankful.

Ok, Who wants to watch Rudolph?

No comments:

Post a Comment