Monday, February 11, 2013

Blizzard

I'll talk about this warm picture in my next post, because one day after I took this shot, this happened:

Grand totals were about 28 inches, highest we have had in a long time. After Sandy, all I cared about was not losing heat and electricity, and we didn't! Plows took two days to come down our block, but we weren't going anywhere anyway. The following day it was sunny, no wind, the perfect day to dig out and play in the snow. Since we couldn't drive to one of the bigger hills, Connor had a play date on our front lawn sledding and throwing snow balls for hours with his friends. Hot chocolate after that, who can complain. Well, I can today! There is no school today! C'mon, give a Mom a break, there is not a snack or craft idea I want to do anymore. Wait a minute, I am going to  plan a historical presentation about the early 1900's. The hardships and the triumphs,  including tea and sandwiches served black tie. We're going to watch Downton Abbey! They'll love it. Right!? Ok, school valentines it is!




This

or
 
This












Vertical snow angels, she'd disappear if she laid down

Rather be drawing than cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment