Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby Blessings and Pearls

All of the babies were blessed today by a Buddhist monk at a gorgeous old temple, built in 536 BC. It was a very wonderful experience for our group. The monk also blessed any of the jade we bought in China which brings additional value to the piece. Who knew! Then it was off to the Pearl Market, a huge wholesale seller of all kinds of gems but mainly pearls. Most of the Moms bought their daughters a beautiful pearl necklace and earrings to be given on her wedding day or special milestone. We also got made a very petite bracelet for Charlotte's christening. It was so interesting watching them string the actual necklace.










We also get Charlotte's US visa today. Technically, we could fly home tonight, but we leave on Thursday to begin our long trip home. I can't believe how fast it is all happening now. I better pick up the pace of shopping, Peter is thrilled!

5 comments:

  1. Oh in all the pictures Charlotte just gets cuter and cuter! I just can't wait to see her!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I'll have a chance to check in before Thursday, but I want to wish you a safe journey home. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet you in China. You're leaving and we're coming...
    Hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to have a bracelet made for her christening. I had bracelets made for all of my granddaughters when they get married. I just hope I don't forget where I put them!

    She is just precious. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks pretty comfortable in your arms :-) Don't blame Peter for wanting to be home by now-it doesn't take long to want your own everything. Enjoy the last couple of days.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks like you had the whole Buddhist temple to yourselves. When we went it was soooo crowded. It also looks as if you're experiencing a little bit of summer over there. Nice!

    ReplyDelete