Sunday, March 6, 2011

Home

We are so happy to be home. After such a long flight, it was so great having our families meet us at the airport, what a homecoming. Just seeing Connor holding the sign, "Welcome Home My Family" and seeing how big he got (new haircut) I burst into tears.  Charlotte was very quiet but taking everything in, studying everyone. I have never been so happy to be surrounded by family and did not want anyone to go home.
Charlotte did so well in China, and so far the only problems we are having is sleep as was expected. The jet lag has been a killer. I am so sick, nauseous, dizzy, can't sleep, can't eat, I can just imagine what she is going through right now. She is still waking up on Beijing time, and we are slowly transitioning her to East Coast time.
The best part has been watching Connor and Charlotte interact. She was afraid at first, but now she is already warming up to him. I was so sick this morning, yet I heard a lot of laughter coming from the living room.  That cheered me up right away.
Peter must have the constitution of steel, he has been working hard around the house, I am just barely functioning and hope by the end of the week to be back to myself.
It is still strange to be home and have bottles on the counter, and baby toys strewn around the house. Tomorrow will be sunny here so I plan to walk Charlotte in the stroller for our first spin. I can't wait!
Here are a few pics from our journey home, I will have better ones from the airport soon from Aunt Kerry.

Our last moments in Beijing, passports ready.

Just finished walking thru US Immigration, Charlotte is a US Citizen!!

Thank you for the balloons.

Big brother Connor, cousin Laura, and Charlotte

It takes a village to hold that bottle.

Connor, Charlotte, Mommie Carstairs

Poppie and Mommie Carstairs

Charlotte Lorraine and the original.
Still wondering about this crew, but at least they have Cheerios.

5 comments:

  1. She looks exhausted, poor thing. Now you can all get on the same schedule, though.

    Welcome home,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Pete, Tricia and Charlotte. I love all the pictures--your parents look so very happy!! Connor is going to be an awesome big brother!! Congrats and I hope you are feel better and are getting plenty of rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed that you are coherent enough to actually type out a post! Don't worry, in time you will return to planet earth! If you need anything, you know where to find me. Don't be shy about asking either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Home! Love the pic of Connor, your niece, and Charlotte. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't u just love that girl with your two children.

    ReplyDelete