Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'd Like To Thank......


I'd like to thank the academy. Here goes my speech. There are so many people I want to thank. In the frenzy of getting ready for China, I don't want to forget to say thank you to so many people who have helped us during this long wait. Our families have supported us from day one. In five years, my family has never said give up, this will never happen, your too old! Our sisters are as excited to be Aunts again as we are to be parents again. All my nieces and nephews are ready to add one more.   So many of my friends have listened and let me complain endlessly for years about everything from the wait to what her name would be, (and there were many!). Thank you , thank you for supporting us. Thank you for always asking for updates and letting me ramble on and on. Thank you for being a part of our story for Charlotte.

If you got to my blog by way of interest in China adoption, I would say run as fast as you can to a local Families With Children from China, (fwcc.org) meeting. It was the best decision I ever made when we were looking to adopt. There is so much to learn, so much help that is so gladly shared. When you come home with your child, it is a place to be where families share something special, and just get what you could be going thru in terms of adoption issues or just raising kids issues. I have met so many kind and wonderful people. There are a group of us who started as waiting families who now meet monthly for dinner.  Over lots of chips and salsa,  we share lots of laughs , commiserate how hard this can all be, and support each other. With only two of us left to go to China to bring our daughters home, and we both will be traveling in February, this is a bond we share for a lifetime.  Oh, the play dates we will have......

















































3 comments:

  1. WE'RE GOING TO CHINA! lol
    so exciting, like I said "so much to do....so little time".....
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. It is so exciting to be a small part of your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and so looking forward to more chips...more salsa...more great memories and friendships that extend to our girls now that we are all almost home with them...

    ReplyDelete