Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lullabies




We are just about done with Charlotte's nursery. Just need the finishing touches, night light and matching switch plate installed. I hope she has many wonderful dreams in this room for years to come.....it was a joy to do.  I love to just walk by her room now and picture her sleeping , playing. I don't expect to get much sleep for the first year she is home. We are prepared to have different kinds of sleep issues and we are going to promote attachment parenting as much as possible. We have a twin bed in her room for either Peter and I to sleep in, but I really think our bed is going to be the place to be. That's OK with us. I'd say 5 nights out of 7 we all don't wake up in the bed that we went to sleep in. Snoring, bad dreams, potty breaks, sometimes more action happens around here at night than the middle of the day. We'll work it out together, what ever works as they say. There is always plenty of under eye concealer and coffee for me, and hopefully Charlotte will like to nap?? A Mom could hope! 

5 comments:

  1. The room looks beautiful. Maybe you'll get lucky with the sleep thing.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful room for a beautiful girl! She's going to love it!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is gorgeous! Can I ask the brand and paint color you chose for the walls? It is the perfect shade of green. Thank You! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia - The room is beautiful! It's fun, isn't it? By the way, I've already run out of room. Give yourself 6 months and you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE her room and I know she will too...even if she only plays in it LOL. I am beyond excited for you. We will be in China at the exact same time....wish we were going to be in the same Province. I do think you are coming home with something way more special than I will...unless I can sneak a babe in my carry on LOL.

    Talk to you soon!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete